Thursday, June 13, 2013

Introduction to the Carnahan's.

Hmm... Let’s see, where shall we start? I am Shawna; my husband's name is Nick. Most of you probably know this. :) Together we have four children. Kyle is our oldest son, Nick adopted Kyle in February of this year! (Yay!) Dominic is our second child; he is currently undergoing speech and occupational therapy. We believe that Dominic fits PDD-NOS. Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not otherwise Specified; which is on the Autism Spectrum. Next is our beautiful and ONLY girl, little Allison. She's definitely our princess and she knows it! Lastly, is our baby boy Hunter. He is our last child, unless there is an act of God.

Nick and I went to high school together, but never really talked much or hung out. After I had a pretty bad breakup in December of '09, Nick and I started talking. We began dating the end of December, found out we were expecting Dominic in late March 2010. After some struggles and a few breakups, we decided we were definitely committed to our relationship and got married in October of 2010. Then we welcomed Dominic into the world in November! :) Even through the mistakes, fights, and arguments; I'm proud to say that was one of my best decisions. After a really rough time in March '11, we found out in April that we were expecting our baby girl. In January '12, Allison made her appearance! After deciding we were done have babies, we found out lil Hunter was going to be our last! In September we found out we were initially pregnant with twins, but we had a "vanishing" twin. Hunter would make his appearance in April solo. We thank God that Hunter made it, and know there is a reason Hunter's twin did not go to term. 

Okay.. so there's some background! Follow this blog for life events(good and bad), accomplishments(maybe even some fails), and etc. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment